In October 2013 brothers-in-law David Littlewood and Nigel Hake, together with their respective wives Sophie and Helen, fulfilled their life's ambition to own a small hotel, and purchased Kildrummy Inn in rural Aberdeenshire.
With David overseeing the capable team in the kitchen and Nigel the genial host, they are fast achieving an ever-growing reputation for luxury accommodation, attentive service and fantastic food using the very best of seasonal Scottish produce.
The Inn itself dates back to the middle of the 19th Century and over the years has filled many roles to suit the changing requirements of the local community. Originally a coaching inn, in times gone by it has also operated as a farm with accommodation for farm workers, a post office and a garage. However essentially the Inn has always provided drinks and refreshments of some sort.
More recently the Inn has focussed on serving high quality food cooked by our award winning chef in the restaurant along with drinks in the cosy lounge bar and providing quality accommodation. We also have the benefit of the attached Volunteer Hall which can host Weddings or conferences for up to 120 people.
The Inn is well used to hosting events of all types so please ask a member of our team for a look around and further information if you would like to know more about what we can offer.
A very warm and personal welcome awaits you. We look forward to meeting you soon…
David & Nigel.
Awards & Achievements
- AA 2 Rosettes for Culinary Excellence
- AA 4 Star Accommodation Grading
- Recommended in the Michelin Guide 2018
- People of Excellence Awards Food & Beverage Manager of the Year Nigel Hake
- People of Excellence Awards Hotel Chef of the Year David Littlewood
- Trip Advisor Excellence Awards - Winner 2017
- NE Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year 2017
- NE Inn of the Year 2017
- Runner Up, UK Restaurant of the Year 2014 - The Observer Food Monthly Awards 2014
David Littlewood, Masterchef of Great Britain
- Scottish Chef of the Year 2013 – Winner (Gold Medal) & special award for Best Intermediate
- SHA Awards 2012 - Medaille D’Or (Gold Medal)
- Scottish Chef of the Year Finalist 2011
- Member of The Scottish Culinary Team
- Scottish Chef of the Year Finalist 2009
- Scottish Chef of the Year 2009 - Best Main Course Winner
- Masterchef of Great Britain
- Grampian Chef of the Year Winner 2007
- Scottish City Chef of the Year 2006 - Runner Up (Highly commended)
- Scottish Culinary Championships, Glasgow 2003 - Silver Medal - 'Plated Restaurant Desserts'
- Grampian Young Chef of the Year - Winner 2002
- Member of Scottish Junior Culinary Team (2002-2004); represented Scotland on cold tables, World Grand Prix, Glasgow 2003 (Team Gold Medal).
- Junior Culinary World Cup, Luxembourg 2002 (Scottish team Ranked world No.1 with Gold Medal and First place)